General terms & conditions of Embracing Horizons
Date: January 2019
These general terms & conditions apply on all consultations with Embracing Horizons as agreed upon either verbally or written.
- Appointments should be rescheduled or cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. Within 24 hours appointments can no longer be rescheduled. The full tariff may be charged for appointments cancelled or rescheduled in the period within 24 hours before the appointment.
- Invoices will be sent monthly. For clients paying per consultation, the invoice will be sent within 14 days after the end of the month during which the consultations(s) took place. For combined programs, the (first) invoice will be sent upon the start of the program. Invoices will be sent by email.
- The invoice should be paid within 14 days of the date of invoicing.
- If the client has not paid the indebted amount within 14 days of the date of invoice, the client will be in omission. In this case, Embracing Horizons will send a reminder to the client. With this reminder, Embracing Horizons gives the client an extra 14 days to respond without adding extra charges. Within this reminder, the client will be warned explicitly that the indebted amount will be collected after 14 days if the client has not responded by then, including a mention of the extra charge for collection.
- If the client has not responded to the invoice within 14 days of the reminder, Embracing Horizons is entitled to collect the indebted amount or let the amount be collected by a third party, without further notice of default. All judicial and extrajudicial costs associated with the collection of the indebted amount will be charged of the client. The extrajudicial costs are established at a maximum of 15% of the amount to be collected, with a minimum of €40,-.
- By repeated conflicts over payment, the professional relationship between client and Embracing Horizons may become strained. This may be a reason for Embracing Horizons to end this relationship.
- Accountability is limited to the amount that, in each specific case, will be covered by the professional liability insurance of Embracing Horizons, increased in number with the excess (deductible) that according to the policy is not for the account of the insurance company.